Unlimited printing power with endless possibilities.
The above sentence is the evaluation of glowforge on the product of glowforge pro. Although it is slightly exaggerated, its self-assessment of self-confidence reflects the quality and power of its products. As for the “3D optical maser Printer” label, I feel that it is not only a professional marketing term, but also an industry’s professionalism and superior quality.
Today, the corporate has 3 totally different optical maser cutters available: the Glowforge Basic, Glowforge and, and also the Glowforge professional.
The Glowforge Pro is a desktop laser engraver and cutter that is intended for home and office use. It’s compatible with a wide range of materials, including leather, wood, acrylic, glass, fabric, cardboard, and can even engrave metal materials like anodized aluminum and titanium.The Glowforge Pro retails for $5,995, which is almost 2.5 times the price of the base model. For this price gap, buyers usually measure the price/performance ratio and purchase it through their actual needs. The glowforge pro integrates many functions and is more speedy. Fast, easy to print large items, and can run longer, so it may be more appropriate for professional buyers.
1.Comparison of parameters of three machines
|Laser System||Glowforge Pro||Glowforge Plus||Glowforge Basic|
|Comprehensive warranty||12 mo||12 mo||6 mo|
|Laser tube power||45W||40W||40W|
|Upgraded hardware for improved speed||√||√|
|Enhanced top speed||3x||2x||1x|
|Faster cut speed||120%||100%||100%|
|Enhanced cooling for all-day use||√|
|Giant-size prints with Passthrough Slot||√|
|Material Capability||19.5” by 11” (Glowforge Basic and Plus) 19.5” by ∞ (Glowforge Pro) Maximum material height: 2″ (50mm)||19.5” by 11” (Glowforge Basic and Plus) 19.5” by ∞ (Glowforge Pro) Maximum material height: 2″ (50mm)||19.5” by 11” (Glowforge Basic and Plus) 19.5” by ∞ (Glowforge Pro) Maximum material height: 2″ (50mm)|
|Software||Drag-and-drop with live camera preview Works with Mac, PC, iPhone, Android, and more JPG, PNG, SVG, PDF, and more||Drag-and-drop with live camera preview Works with Mac, PC, iPhone, Android, and more JPG, PNG, SVG, PDF, and more||Drag-and-drop with live camera preview Works with Mac, PC, iPhone, Android, and more JPG, PNG, SVG, PDF, and more|
|Hardware||Dual cameras: wide angle & macro Custom 40W (Basic) / 40W (Plus) / 45W (Pro) laser Precise to 1/1000th of an inch Full autofocus||Dual cameras: wide angle & macro Custom 40W (Basic) / 40W (Plus) / 45W (Pro) laser Precise to 1/1000th of an inch Full autofocus||Dual cameras: wide angle & macro Custom 40W (Basic) / 40W (Plus) / 45W (Pro) laser Precise to 1/1000th of an inch Full autofocus|
The three sets of data in the table are the comparison of the three models. Obviously, as we said earlier, glowforge has obvious advantages in terms of professionalism, faster cutting speed, in addition to the basic cutting speed, it also With higher Graded hardware for improved speed, it can cut or engrave larger materials due to Giant-size prints with Passthrough Slot; longer working hours, depending on its better cooling system. This is incomparable to the other two machines.
2.Glowforge pro specs
- Glowforge exterior: 965 x 527 x 210mm
- Air filter exterior: 965mm x 527mm x 178mm
- Maximum material depth: Unlimited
- Maximum material width: 515 mm
- Cutting area: 279 mm deep / 495 mm wide
- Maximum material height: 50mm
- Maximum material height with tray: 13mm
- Cutting and Engraving: Wood, fabric, leather, paper, cardboard, plexiglass, Delrin, mylar, rubber, cork, sandpaper, food, etc.
- Engraving Only: Glass, marble, rubber stamps, stone, ceramic tile, anodized aluminum, titanium, etc.
- Interface compatibility: Mac, PC, Linux, mobile devices
- File compatibility: JPG, PNG, SVG, PDF, and more
- Wide Angle Camera: Mounted on the lid, provides a view of the entire printable area, accurate within 0.25″ (6mm)
- Macro Camera: Mounted on the head, provides extreme up-close information for autofocus, accurate within 0.004″ (0.1mm)
- Laser Type: CO2 Laser — Custom CO2 glass laser tube capable of continuous operation at 10,600 nm; rated at 45 watts
- Fixed Alignment: Factory calibrated optical system
- Sealed Optics: Enclosed optical path with cleanable and replaceable windows protects the laser optics
- Case: High modulus injection molded plastic
- Linear System: Custom extruded aluminum linear rails with a belt driven v-wheel carrier
- Motion: Dual hybrid stepper Y-axis; single hybrid stepper X axis
- Cooling: Closed loop self-contained internal cooling.
- Air Assist: Internal air assist with no external compressor hookup required
- Recommended Operating Temperature: 16℃ -27℃
It is equipped with a 45 watt power laser tube, although the value of 45 watt is not very high, but because the inside of the laser tube is designed by glowforge, the laser tube utilizes a distinct Mode 0′ design, which gives it a greater overall power Density is also more stable.
From the work area, the working area of glowforge pro is 11.5*20 inches, but its laser machine has a unique design on the model, which is pass-through feature technically, so theoretically, the range of material width is allowed. Inside, he can cut infinite lengths of material.
In order to improve the performance of the laser machine in terms of work intensity and extend its working time, glowforge pro also puts a lot of effort into the heat dissipation of the machine. They have a closed-loop water cooling system inside the laser machine, so that the machine does not need an extra water pump or Cooler. In order to extend the life of the laser lens, the glowforge pro is equipped with an air compressor. In operation, it can blow away the smoke and material debris generated by laser cutting or engraving, and deposit it on the bottom of the machine through its equipped honeycomb board working platform. Greatly improved the safety features of the machine and a longer operational lifespan.
Among other functions, the self-adjusting optical device and the honeycomb panel platform enable heat transfer between air and materials, which is why it stands out.
On the software side, glowforge pro is completely cloud-based. One of the characteristics of cloud-based is that it can be used in an environment with a wireless Internet, which hinders some potential users. However, in my opinion, this technology can solve it completely. If they want it, there may be some reasons we don’t know.
In general, glowforge pro is a very sophisticated laser machine, like a “princess” in a laser machine. It is very attractive in appearance and has very powerful performance. If your working environment is suitable for it, maybe you Can consider it.